Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
I have been quite busy these last few days as I drove 12 hours total round trip to spend time with my family in my hometown for a Thanksgiving gathering. We had to have our Thanksgiving meal a little early to meet all our schedules, so my husband and I drove back home today. We had a fantastic time and I feel blessed that I have such a fun loving family. I was able to get a card completed and sent before I left that is fall themed and I thought I would share it today. Unfortunately, it is a sympathy card, but given the time of year I thought it would be nice to be fall themed. Having to make a sympathy card so close to the holidays really does help put everything in perspective and made me even more thankful for the friends and family that I still have in my life.
This card was simple, but that background paper is so pretty I thought it should be the star of the card!
Given I was out of town, I missed posting the weekly deals on Tuesday so here they are:
Remember, these weekly deals are IN ADDITION to the already awesome deals going on this week through December 1. So be sure to get your Stampin’ Up! supplies while the prices are hot!
Lastly, I believe I will enter this card over at Catherine and Cathy Create for their November Challenge – Thankful for Fall.
I hope you had a Thanksgiving filled with Love, Joy and of course yummy food!
- Inks: Mossy Meadow, Hello Honey and Cajun Craze
- Stamp Set:For All Things
- Paper: Color Me Autumn DSP, Hello Honey and Very Vanilla
- Tools: Note tag punch, 1/8 inch hole punch, Scallop Edge Border Punch, Paper Snips and paper trimmer
- Embellishments: Hello Honey 3/8 inch Satin Stitched Ribbon, Linen Thread and Autumn Wooden Elements
I have some exciting news today! Stampin’ Up! is having a Online Extravaganza sale starting Monday November 24! There are some seriously good deals! For example, how about getting the Big Shot Magnetic Platform for almost half price! Or maybe you’re in need of cute boxes for your holiday gifts? The Gift Box Punch Board will be 30% off!
Check out the full list below:
You can click on the list to see the full document. When the sale starts be sure to visit my website at http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/thescraptree/ to order what you need online!
I am back at trying to make shaker cards and with this one I decided to make a see through window to the inside of the card!
Here is the inside view:
Now the snowflakes I used were just something I had on hand and honestly I would not recommend this kind to be used for the shaker card. They are a little big for this project and they keep sticking together because they get caught on each other. I have seen other cards where the adorable Frosted Sequins from Stampin’ Up are used and they would be a much better fit for this. I have mine on order so I can’t wait to remake this card with the right snowflakes! Even with my “mistake” I still like how the card turned out. I am getting better at these so hopefully soon I can make one without having to find a video on youtube first!
I am going to go ahead and submit this to Christmas Card Challenges because I haven’t submitted one in a while.
- Ink: Encore Metallic Silver and Garden Green
- Paper: Whisper White, Brushed Silver and Trim the Tree DSP
- Stamp sets: Festival of Trees and Project Life Holiday Cheer for the sentiment
- Tools: Tree Punch, Circle Framelits, Window Sheets, Shaker Frames and paper trimmer
- Embellishments: 1/8 inch Silver ribbon and Snowflake sequins
I am always trying to see if I can come up with a new design I have not yet made. I sat down to make this card with no particular plan but I did notice I had a cut out from a star I used on another project that seemed like the best place to start.
I wanted to make it appear that the star was turned on its side so I added the bow in the corner. I am not sure I love it, but it still turned out pretty to me. The paper is part of the Trim the Tree Paper Stack and the stamps in the Cheerful Tags stamp set match it perfectly! This one was quite simple to make so give it a shot!
Here are the weekly deals!
- Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Versamark and Silver Embossing powder
- Stamp Set: Cheerful Tags
- Paper: Trim the Tree DSP, Smokey Slate, Whisper White
- Tools: Star Framelits, 1 inch punch, 1 1/4 Scallop punch, heat gun, Paper Snips and Paper Trimmer
- Embellishments: Silver 1/8 inch Ribbon and Basic Rhinestone Jewels
The weekend is here! I finally had some time to craft today! I recently received some new goodies and wanted to try them out. I have still been practicing at the shaker cards so here is what I created:
I call this my Rustic Glimmer card because there is natural elements paired with pretty metallic gold! My new goody is the Hardwood background stamp from Stampin’ Up! I have seen some really adorable creations on pinterest with this stamp and wanted to see if I could add my own spin to it. I decided to stamp with the Encore Gold Metallic ink and then layer it with the pretty Fancy Foil Designer Vellum. I added in the Burlap ribbon, but I cut it so it would not flow through behind the tree cut out. This way it appears like a whole piece, but still allows the pretty hardwood stamped image and dotted velum to show through. I am waiting for some Cherry Cobbler ribbon to arrive from Stampin’ Up in the mail so I had to use what I had on hand. I believe that either the Cherry Cobbler Sheer Linen ribbon or the Real Red Satin Woven ribbon would look just as good or even better than what I used!
I hope you like the card! I am trying to work on a few more shaker cards and I will be sure to post what I come up with!
I am entering this card into the Delighted with DSP Challenge over at Cathy and Catherine Create because I am delighted with that Vellum DSP!!
- Inks: Real Read and Encore Metallic Gold
- Stamps: Hardword Background Stamp and the Sentiment is from Cheerful Tags
- Paper: Rel Red, Brushed Gold, Whisper White, and Fancy Foil Designer Vellum in Gold
- Tools/Supplies: Circle Die, Tree Punch, Heat gun to set the gold ink, Shaker Frames snipped to fit, Window Sheet cut into a circle, Paper Snips and Paper Trimmer
- Embellishments: 1 1/4 inch Burlap Ribbon, Red Sheer Ribbon, Gold Sequin Trim (sequins removed from the string), Gold Metal Basic Buttons, and Linen Thread.