I don’t have quite as much time to create here lately. I had been out of work for some time due to a back injury and while I was recovering from surgery I could craft when I felt up to it and rest when I needed to do so. Now I am back at work and have much less time to sit at my craft desk. 🙁 I will still try to share creations, promotions and anything cool that I find out about in the paper crafting community as often as I can!
I was able to re-make one of my previous Christmas cards and I actually like this version much better:
When I made the previous card it just felt to busy to me. I like this one much better. Your eyes know right where to look and there is balance. While I was in the Christmas card making spirit I decided to use the same paper and make a totally different one:
The funny thing about this one is now I think it might be a little too busy! We are never satisfied with our own creations, right? I may try to work on a variation of it again in the future. Both of these cards were quite easy to make so give something similar a try!
I really like my first card the most so I think I will enter it in the current challenge over at Christmas Card Challenges. The current theme is Challenge # 40 – Anything Goes, perfect!
Hope everyone has a fun weekend planned, I sure hope I find some time to create!
- Paper: Under the Tree Speciality DSP, Kraft Cardstock, Whisper White and Cherry Cobbler
- Inks: Garden Green and Cherry Cobbler. Versamark and Gold embossing powder.
- Stamp set: Festival of Trees
- Tools: Tree punch, Starburst Framelits (for second card), Banner punch to trim the edges of the sentiments, Heat gun, paper trimmer and paper snips
- Embellishments: Gold Basic Metal Buttons, Gold 1/8 inch ribbon, Linen Thread (for second card)
I am still playing with all my new goodies and trying to come up with fun ideas and ways to use the soon to be revealed Stampin’ Up Holiday Catalog goodies. As I mentioned before, I love me some Halloween! I usually send at least 15 Halloween cards out to family members and friends. I think it is possible that if all my nieces and nephews didn’t get one, they would think I am sick! So I am still trying to come up with different creations so each person can get their own unique card. Here is this weeks creation:
What a fun mix of colors and textures. There are many layers to this card but I believe they all pulled together well. This was made using the same set I used in my previous Halloween card – Fall Fest. I decided to draw in my own little face on the ghost because I wanted him to appear to be saying Booooo just the like the sentiment says! Overall this was a very easy card to make, just lots of layers and embellishments to add in.
Hope you are a having a fantastic week and find some time to create today!
- Inks: Stampin’ Up Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black and Garden Green
- Stamp sets: Fall Fest (available August 28) and Googly Ghouls for the sentiment
- Paper: Stampin’ Up Pumpkin Pie, Basic Gray, Smokey Slate, Whisper White and Basic Black. Patterned paper is non-Stampin’ up and manufacture is unknown.
- Tools: Star Framelits, Fun Fall Framelits, Decorative Dots embossing folder, Chevron Embossing folder, paper trimmer and paper snips
- Embellishments: Stampin’ Up! Basic Metal Buttons, and Smokey Slate 3/4 inch chevron ribbon. Black and orange twine is not from Stampin’ Up!
I am back with another sneak pick from the Stampin’ Up! 2014 Holiday Catalog! Once again, you can purchase items from this catalog as of August 28th. I decided to make a little Christmas card with some of my new goodies and here is what I came up with:
I truly love so many of the new goodies in the catalog! For this card I used the new Tree Punch available in the Holiday Catalog. It has a matching stamp set but since I didn’t have that yet I decided to just punch some of the new DSP! The paper for the trees is this fantastic, thick kraft cardstock with beautiful designs in coordinating Red and Greens. The paper is called Under the Tree Specialty DSP. Be sure not to miss this paper and it is truly beautiful. The other item used on this card from the new Catalog is The Be Merry Stamp. It is from a new set called Holiday Invitation which would be a great one to choose if you are planning to have any holiday parties. This set includes invite wording for Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving and one stamp that could be for any party occasion.
The remaining items on the card are all available now with the exception of the Chevron Paper. Unfortunately that one is last years holiday DSP and I just loved the way it looked so I used it.
I hope you like this card and if you need the new catalog coming out on August 28, just let me know!
I have also decided it would be fun to enter this card into a new challenge blog I found over at Christmas Card Challenge Blog. The current challenge #36 is to use an embellishment so my cute little button and linen thread should fit!
Happy Crafting everyone!
Supplies used ( All Stampin’ Up Products)
- Inks: Cherry Cobbler
- Paper: Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler, Kraft, Under the Tree Specialty DSP (available August 28) and Season of Style DSP paper stack (no longer available)
- Stamps: Holiday Invitation (available August 28)
- Embellishments: Basic Metal Buttons and Linen Thread
- Tools: Tree Punch (available August 28)and my Paper trimmer